It can be hard to move your career forward if you find it difficult to present yourself. Continue reading to see how hypnosis will help you achieve this.
Improving in your career is not always easy if you do not have the basic tools to do this. You can have the experience, the grades and the contacts to get yourself higher up on the career ladder, but if you don’t have the abilities and skills to push yourself, you’re unlikely to utilise everything open to you to get ahead.
A hypnotic approach could help you put your very best self forward.
Can you relate with any of these scenarios?
- You end up avoiding interviews because you feel totally certain you will fail.
- You get particularly anxious before and throughout interviews, and genuinely feel embarrassed speaking about your life skills and achievements.
- You avoid talking with management where possible in your current job as you feel like it’s only a matter of time before they find out you’re not worthy of your existing job position.
- You stay clear of social, as well as networking gatherings, simply because you genuinely don’t feel you can communicate well with others.
- You normally avoid putting yourself forward for promotions simply because you genuinely feel you either won’t represent yourself well, or you really feel that you’re not up to scratch for the promotion itself.
If any of these problems ring true with you, hypnotherapeutic strategies may help you to achieve that promotion.
When psychological factors stand in the way of you and your next career step, it is possible to take care of those issues, to create a strategy to enable you to discover your underlying beliefs and then look for a way to move you forward. It is distinctive from other talk therapies because it helps you to access the subconscious beliefs that drive your behaviours and then make the adjustments you need to make. It isn’t about thinking positively; it’s about creating automatic and desirable responses to situations that in the past would have made you genuinely feel anxious.
Hypnotherapy helps you to:
- Really depend on yourself, your capacities and your talents, so you feel more self-confident.
- To speak smoothly, confidently and calmly in all of life’s situations.
- Acquire awareness into why you previously used to get anxious and redirect those old responses to more beneficial behaviours.
If when you look at all your skills and abilities on paper, it is easy to see that there is nothing getting in the way of you improving your career. Nonetheless, despite the fact that you know this, you just don’t feel as though it is so; so you do not do it. If this is you, it might be the perfect time to consider some hypnotherapeutic interventions to help you build a new psychological skill set that will enable you to become the best you, you can be.
Paul Howard from The Surrey Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy, based in Surrey, explained why, in their view, hypnotherapy is extremely productive at helping people make long-lasting changes that will benefit their career, “Most people think that it is just a general lack of confidence that causes them to hold back in their career. But in fact, it is usually some specific beliefs about their abilities that holds the key. These are usually easily resolved.”